Fishing with a Kayak has become increasingly popular all over the world. There are a lot of kayaks in the market and people prefer “kayaking” as it is really fun to get out, relax and fish the whole day. In addition, there is also a relaxation that you get from Kayaking. Kayaking also provides you with the ability to study the fishes while you fish. There is one thing though that makes it a bit troubling. Since kayaking is an actual sport, chances are you won’t be comfortable doing it for the most part.
But why is not comfortable? Well, there can be anything like leg space and the size of the kayak that makes it uncomfortable but the main culprit is obviously the seat. Most Kayak Seats are pretty uncomfortable. If you do have such type of kayak seats then you’re in a lot of pain, my friend. But this is where we come in. Today we bring you the list of best fishing kayak seats that are available for purchase.
Editor’s Pick: Why Did We Choose Ocean Kayak Comfort Plus?
We chose the Ocean Kayak Comfort Plus because of three main reasons. First, the Seats can be adjusted to your liking which makes it appeal to a wide range of people. Second, there is extra padding which means very comfortable. And Finally, we found that the seat can be installed with ease which is a nice feature to have. There are no significant drawbacks other than the missing cup holders which aren’t really a big deal for many.
Best Fishing Kayak Seat Selection For You
- The Comfort Plus seat offers really comfortable back support, it has a tall height and is perfect for a full day of use.
- You can go on a softer ride with this kayak and you will also be able to ride smoothly as the seat consist of extra padding
- There are adjustable straps present on the side of the kayak that enables you to customize the seat according to your liking
- The seat is built from a tough nylon material and has a built-in ventilation system to make sure the paddler stays cool and dry
- Installing the seat is pretty simple
- The overall comfort is nice
- Should’ve been perfect if it had a cup holder
The missing cup holder will hurt your feelings if you like to stack some beer near you. Aside from that, the Seat is a solid buy. You’re getting a comfortable seat which is easy to install. There is extra padding there and the customization options make it ideal for any kind of body type. The missing cup holder shouldn’t really matter but it depends, I guess. For some, it might not matter while others may consider it to be a deal breaker. Considering all pros & cons, we selected this seat as the best fishing kayak seat for you.
- The seats have moulded foam in them which makes it stand out from the rest of the kayak seats in this list.
- The snaps present in the seat is made from a marine grade brass.
- There are a total of 4 straps; 2 in front and 2 in back. This provides you with a wide range of adjustability.
- The support that the seat provides to your back and your butt is incredible
- The webbing in the seat can be adjusted as well.
- Comfortable seats and fine build quality
- We found it to provide an ideal amount of back support
- Sometimes it is difficult to have the balance in this Seat
We don’t know if it were us or the seat itself, the seat was a bit unstable for the front clips in the default position. We ended up installing another two pad eyes in the middle of the 4 provided pad eyes and it kind of worked. This small letdown really meant a lot to us so, as far as ease of use is concerned, it gets an instant downvote. On to the positives, we really liked the back support that it provided and the build quality was nice as well.
- Comes with a detachable seat bag that can be used for transporting your personal belongings
- The seat can bed adjusted with the help of the front and the back straps
- There is a non-slip contoured padded seat surface with a high backrest design that provides an extra layer of comfort and safety too
- The Seat is shipped with 100% money back guarantee that spans 30 days
- In addition to the guarantee, there is also a year of warranty i.e, the company will replace the product if there is an issue within a year
- The multiple attachment points and the strap makes it comfortable and easy to install
- The back support provided by this seat is pretty great
- We found the material of the seat to be a bit on the downside, a bit of a bad build
While the seat may not have the most strong material in the build quality department, it makes up for that with the warranty and guarantee options. This makes it a constant sell, In addition, the comfort factor of the seat is a bonus and because it is easy to use, We can recommend this seat with our eyes closed.
Other Top Fishing Kayak Seats For You
- The tube frame of the seat is built with Aluminum
- The seat has a premium all-weather fabric that provides you with the maximum comfort
- There are backrest straps that make adjusting the back seat of the Kayak pretty easy
- An Easy Access grab handle is also provided which enables quick adjustments to the seats, the seats can be adjusted in a low, high and a reclined position which is pretty cool.
- Slide Rails are provided where you can store accessories easily.
- Easily attach accessories to slide rails
- Comfortable seats and very solid build
- Difficult to install
The backrest straps make the Wilderness AirPro kayak seats pretty comfortable but it trades ease of use. The seat is a bit harder to install and people who’ve just gotten a new kayak may not like this because of it. Other than that, the seat overall is a nice investment. This is particularly due to the build quality which is absolutely worth your consideration.
- The Seat contains a lycra foam that laminates it, the whole seat is imported therefore, the quality is pretty great.
- The seat has been enhanced and moulded in water and channels grooves which make it a perfect seat.
- There are three laminated backrests that provide the structural support to the phone.
- Multi-adjustable front and rear straps are present which are locked in the seat position. Two front attachment straps along with two back attachment straps are available
- Better than the default kayak seats and comes with a really impressive back support
- Well Build seat that will last you a while
- The bottom doesn’t have enough cushions so, butt slips are very normal here.
It doesn’t feel good when you are sitting and suddenly your butts cramps up and you constantly slip. This is the problem that you’re going to face if you buy this seat. If you can look past that, then, the GTS Sport seat is a really great deal for you. You are getting a sturdy build coupled with the back support that will surely be helpful.
- Comes with a reinforced seat back that is rigid and provides better support to your back
- Very comfortable because of thick foam padding, the padding is present in a firm way. It doesn’t bottom out when seated meaning, no slips.
- Installing the seat is a breeze, a nylon strap can be attached to the kayak’s attachment points. The seat can be adjusted between 6″ to 22″.
- A detachable storage bag is available for keeping your belongings.
- As we mentioned, the seats are anti-slip even if you spill water in it.
- Meant for people who like thick padding and strong support
- Build Quality is very good
- The padding can be a bit much for thin people
If you’re under 200 pounds then, this Seat is not for you. Why? because the padding is VERY thick. While heavier people need more support and thick padding are just perfect for them. They’re in no way perfect for people who want to get the perfect padding. So, if you’re a thin dude, it’s better to look elsewhere. As far as the build quality goes, it is rigid and strong enough to last you a while.
How To Choose A Fishing Kayak Seat
To choose the perfect fishing kayak seat, you should consider the following things:
A seat that has proper padding results in more comfort. As an angler will probably stay a long time in a kayak, it is crucial that the seat doesn’t become the reason why s/he has to stop mid fishing. But how should be the padding? Well, not too thick but also not thin. Too much thick padding will result in an awkward seat which is not what you want. The main thing is that the back support is good and the bottom place where the butt rest isn’t too slippery.
A seat should always have quality. There are two types of quality, first is the quality of the attachment points, the metal and the outer clothing of the seat. They should be top notch and the next is the quality of the padding. Some seats lose all padding in a matter of months. So, get the one that has good quality. But how to know if a kayak has good quality? Well, research! There is no concrete way to tell if a seat is durable enough without using it for a while.
A seat should be adjusted properly on a kayak. You cannot buy a small or a large seat, the size should be perfect. For better adjustment, 4-way straps are common in the seats. In addition to adjustments, the installation should also be easy and less time-consuming. One thing to remember is that not all seats will attach to the kayak perfectly. A lot of times, kayaks might not have proper attachment points and the seats just won’t fit. If you happen to face a similar situation then, you need to replace your seat with the one that fits your kayak in a suitable way
Fishing kayak seats come loaded with features. There are a handful of features that must be your prime focus, They are; Rod/Cup holders, attachment points, D-ring adjustments etc. Why are these features important? Because kayaks are specific. If you are going out on kayak fishing then you might want a cup/rod holders near or on to your seat. You might want easy installation (provided by attachment points), you may want easy paddling. So, it becomes crucial to keep these things in account.
Obviously, price plays a major role in determining what kayak seat to get. Well, it’s just a seat, so, it should not really burn your pocket but you should also not be cheap. Investing in a good seat will save you from the side effects of kayak fishing all day.
As far as kayaks go, you can’t be too sure about the default seats so, a good day kayak fishing will require you to have equally comfortable seating. There are a lot of seats available in the market and we have provided you with the best of the bunch. There is also a growing resurgence of kayak seats as most kayaks nowadays cut corners and seating is their first target. So, which one should you get? Well, it really depends. You could always play it safe and go for our top pick. If you want to research, then yes, you can do that as well. Just know the type of kayak you have before getting a seat for it, judge the specifications, compare the prices and make an informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are kayak seats important?
Ans. Most kayaks come with the seats that aren’t too comfortable. If this is the case then, yes, a kayak seat does make sense. Otherwise, No.
Q. Is installing a kayak seat difficult?
Ans. Technically, NO! Now, some of the seats do have a learning curve as far as installation goes but if you properly follow the user manual, you should be fine.
Q. Should you go for the thickest padding?
Ans. Depends. Are you over 200 pounds? If yes, then be our guest!
Q. Does installing a kayak seat sink it?
Ans. No, A properly installed seat on the kayak won’t sink it. You don’t have to worry about it.
Q. What makes a kayak seat comfortable?
Ans. A multiple of things actually. The type of adjustability it has, the kind of padding implemented and if it supports your body type. All of these different factors will come into play.
Last update on 2019-07-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API