We can’t deny the fact that fly fishing nets aren’t really necessary for fly fishing. But, if you are thinking about increasing the probability of being able to catch fish and land it to the earth surface, a fly fishing net is really an important equipment for every fly fisher. These best fly fishing nets will definitely increase the probability.
However, choosing the perfect fly fishing net might be a difficult activity since there are several low-quality nets available out there which can easily be destroyed after using for a short period of time. This is the reason why we enlisted several dozens of popular fly fishing nets used by most fly fishers to reduce the chances of buying non-durable nets.
During our research, we came over the 10 most unique and high-quality fly fishing nets which turned out to be highly beneficial during our trial with those nets while fly fishing. So, we decided to publish this guide with the reviews of the 10 top fly fishing nets for fly fishing.
Fly Fishing Nets
A fly fishing net is a special equipment which is used by several fly fishers while fly fishing. A fly fishing net is usually designed in a grid-like structure and is also known as fish traps since it’s nearly impossible for a fish to get out of the fly fishing net once it is stuck inside. Thin threads are used to create a mesh-like structure in a fly fishing net.
Usually, such nets are designed with polyamides such as nylon, silk, wool, and sometimes grasses and fibrous plants. Grasses and fibrous plants aren’t found in most fly fishing nets if you are planning to get one on a commercial scale.
Why are fly fishing nets necessary?
Fly fishing nets are usually necessary when you are thinking about handling your fish properly. With the use of a proper fly fishing net, you will be able to reduce the issues with your hook while catching fish. In fact, a fly fishing net also allows the fish to stay inside the water surface for a long time even though it is already under your control.
Best Fly Fishing Nets
We performed a research on several fly fishing nets used by experienced fly fishers and found out 10 fly fishing nets which offered amazing experience during our fly fishing trial. In this guide, we’ll be reviewing the 10 best fly fishing nets along with a buyer’s guide to choosing the best fly fishing net for a specific purpose.
Before getting started with the individual review of every fly fishing net on our list, here’s a quick comparison chart that resembles the major features of all nets.
Our Pick: Best Fly Fishing Net of All
- SF catch and release net features a soft, clear rubberized net material that's gentle on the fish and won't tangle, rot or mildew. The clear color won't spook fish because it virtually disappears underwater. The frame is made from laminated bamboo and hardwood
- Perfect nets for fly fishing on your favorite river, lake, or stream.Handle about 9", Hoop 9.5 x 16", Deep 10".360 degree copper swivel at the end of the handle.
- New Strong and durable carabiner quick release magnetic clip Strongest powerful magnetic strength and agnets made of Aviation aluminum.
- Multi functional uses more than a net release . Use it with pliers, nippers & other tools. Stretchable spring-cord .Length 35 cm(13.7inch) and extends to a maximum length of 2.5m(100 inch). Never lose your net or other gear in water.
- 1 year warranty,free replacement
Comparison Chart of Best Fly Fishing Nets
|Product Name||Net Material||Handle & Body Material||Capacity||Size||Warranty||Price|
|SF Fly Fishing Landing Net||Rubber Mesh||Laminated Bamboo, Hardwood and Aluminum||9.5″ x 16″ x 10″ (depth) Hoop||17″ to 100″ Length, 9″ Handle length||1 year||
|Fly Fishing Rubber Mesh Net||Rubber Mesh||Hardwood||16.75″ x 10.75″ x 8″ (depth) Hoop||9″ to 96″ length, 25″ Handle||1 year|
|Trademark Innovations Fly Fishing Net||Rubber||Marble Wooden||20″ Net Area||15″ Handle length, 35″ Extended Length||1 year|
|Isafish Fly Fishing Landing Net||Rubber||High-grade wood||23.8″ X 10″ X 9″ (depth) net||7.8″ handle length||N/A|
|YONGZHI Fly Fishing Net||Soft Rubber Mesh||Aluminum alloy||24.36″ x 12.18″ x 9.04″ (depth) net||9.43″ handle length||1 month|
|Maxcatch Fly Fishing Landing Net||Rubber||Wood||23.6″ x 10.8″ x 9.4″ (depth) net||8.4″ handle length||1 year|
|PLUSINNO Fly Fishing Net||Rubber Mesh||High-density Carbon Fiber and Aluminum||16″ x 13″ x 10″ (depth) net||17″ to 28″ length||12 months|
|Sougayilang Fly Fishing Net||Rubber Mesh||Aluminum alloy, EVA||10.62″ x 11.8″ x 9.44″ (depth) net||10.62″ handle length, 21.25″ total length||1 year|
|Goture Fly Fishing Landing Net||Soft Rubber Mesh, PVC||Laminated Solid Wood||15.5″ x 11″ x 9.06″ (depth) net||8.07″ handle length||1 year|
|Mounchain Fly Fishing Landing Net||Soft Rubber Mesh||Wood||23.8″ x 11″ x 9.4″ (depth) net||8.6″ handle length||1 year|
The SF Fly Fishing Landing Net is an amazing catch-and-release fly fishing net that you can use while fly fishing on streams, rivers or lakes. This fly fishing features a strong carabiner and a stretchable spring-cord. You can use this outstanding fly fishing net along with several tools such as nippers and pliers.
- This fly fishing net has a length of 17 inches and can extend up to a massive 100 inches.
- The net frame in this cool fly fishing net is made up of laminated bamboo and hardwood.
- It also consists of a 360° copper swivel at the end of its handle.
- This catch-and-release net includes a soft rubber mesh net which doesn’t tangle or rot.
- The SF fly fishing net is fully compatible with tools like pliers and nippers.
- This fly fishing net is powerful and durable.
- It has a large capacity allowing you to extend its total length up to 100 inches.
- The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty with this net along with free replacement.
- It consists of a comparatively shorter handle of just 6.7″.
- The wooden frame might bend.
The SF Fly Fishing Landing Net can be the perfect fly fishing net choice if you are looking for a fish landing net suitable for all sorts of the water column. You can easily lure the fish to get into the net since it has a clear color which disappears as it goes inside the water surface. You can use this fly fishing net for many years to come.
The Fly Fishing Rubber Mesh Net is an amazing fly fishing net from Freestone Outfitters featuring tangle-free net. Similar to the SF fly fishing net, this net also includes a clear rubber mesh net which virtually disappears once it gets into the water. It can also be extended to a very long length.
- The net is 8″ deep and has a total area of 16.75″ X 10.75″.
- This fly fishing net can be extended up to the total length of 96 inches.
- It consists of a classic teardrop design which measures around 25 inches.
- The frame is designed with strong and durable hardwood.
- This outstanding fly fishing net features a soft rubber mesh net.
- It is highly durable and lightweight fly fishing net.
- It can easily prevent from decaying.
- This fly fishing net comes with a free replacement from the manufacturer in case it gets damaged in less than a year.
- The magnetic release mightn’t be fixed properly.
If you are thinking about getting a highly lightweight and durable fly fishing net that offers you an easy and effective net release, you might want to go for this tremendous fly fishing net, the Fly Fishing Rubber Mesh Net. This fly fishing net can easily prevent from getting rotten. It is perfectly designed for a catch-and-release purpose.
The Trademark Innovations Fly Fishing Net is another outstanding fly fishing net with marble wooden finish which can also act as a measuring stick. If you are thinking about getting the perfect fly fishing net for trout fishing, this net can be your top priority. It is also highly durable and lightweight.
- It consists of a rubber net of 20 inches area.
- The overall fly fishing net is designed with marble wood which is highly durable and lightweight.
- The net features a 15 inches long handle having 5 inches and 10 inches marks which helps the net to act as a measuring stick.
- This amazing net can virtually disappear when it goes underwater to prevent the fish from spooking.
- This fly fishing net is highly lightweight.
- The fish won’t be able to detect the net when it goes underwater.
- It doesn’t get tangled with the fish.
- The material of the net might get damaged quickly, despite the net doesn’t.
- It might be difficult for you to catch fish longer than 20-22 inches.
If you are looking for an awesome fly fishing net featuring the capability to land larger trout effectively, it is highly recommended for you to go for this net from Trademark Innovations. The major downside about this net is that the material of the handle and the outer part of the net might get damaged over the period of time. However, this net can be the perfect choice while looking for a lightweight fly fishing net.
The Isafish Fly Fishing Landing Net is one of the best fly fishing nets featuring high-quality nylon mesh which is easier for you to clean. This fly net offers an outstanding level of comfort while catching fish. The net release is also highly secure and allows you to properly handle fish in streams, lakes, and rivers.
- This fly fishing net consists of a soft nylon texture which prevents from harming weak fish.
- The net features an exceptional ergonomic grip.
- The handle is around 7.8 inches long.
- The overall frame of the net is designed with a high-grade wooden material.
- The net is 9 inches deep and has the area of 23.8″ X 10″.
- This fly fishing net offers exceptional comfort while catching fish.
- It is very easy to clean.
- This outstanding net weighs just around 0.8 pounds and is one of most lightweight fly fishing nets available out there.
- It isn’t so durable.
- Small fish mightn’t be easier to handle with this net.
The Isafish Fly Fishing Landing Net can be an incredible choice if you are planning to get a lightweight and affordable fly fishing net featuring a smooth grip. With this fly fishing net, you may not be able to hold smaller fish due to the holes in the net, but you’ll surely obtain an outstanding comfort while handling larger fish. Using this net for trout fishing could be the best thing you can do for catching trout.
The YONGZHI Fly Fishing Net consists of a soft rubber mesh netting along with the ABS handle which is extremely secure and offers an exceptional grip. This fly fishing net features a soft rubber net basket which doesn’t get tangled resulting in the damage of fish. It can also prevent from getting rotten and disappears when it goes underwater.
- This fly fishing net features a frame designed with aluminum alloy.
- It consists of the ABS handle which is 9.43″ long.
- The net made up of soft rubber mesh is 9.04″ deep and has the area of 24.36″ X 12.18″.
- This amazing fly fishing net weighs just around 12.25 ounces.
- The net has a clear color which prevents from spooking the fish.
- This fly fishing net can easily fit in your back while going for fly fishing.
- It offers a comfortable grip while releasing the net and handling the fish.
- It can easily resist from getting rotten.
- This net doesn’t get tangled easily like other nets.
- It features comparatively shorter handle.
If you are thinking about getting a fly fishing net which doesn’t get rotten easily and can easily be carried to any places by placing on your back, this amazing net from YONGZHI can certainly be a great choice. You’ll be able to obtain a clear color net which doesn’t spook the fish. This fly fishing net also offers an exceptional balance while handling the fish.
The Maxcatch Fly Fishing Landing Net is a wonderful fly fishing net featuring an adjustable magnetic strength. This fly fishing net consists of a landing net, magnetic net release, and string along with a wooden frame and rubber netting. If you are thinking about going for trout fishing, this net would certainly be a great option.
- This fly fishing net from Maxcatch consists of an 8.4 inches long handle.
- The net is designed with rubber, whereas the overall parts of the net are wooden.
- It is able to switch the tension from 2.5 pounds to 6 pounds.
- The net is 9.4 inches deep and has the area of 23.6″ x 10.8″.
- This fly fishing net weighs just around 0.8 pounds.
- It is an extremely lightweight fly fishing net.
- The net offers an adjustable magnetic strength.
- It doesn’t get tangled with the fish easily.
- The magnetic net release isn’t too secure.
This awesome fly fishing net from Maxcatch can be a great fly fishing net choice if you are looking for a net which allows you to catch and handle the fish effectively. Despite the magnetic net release is weak in this fly fishing net, it is easier to adjust the strength while releasing the net. In overall, the Maxcatch Fly Fishing Landing Net can be one of the most demanded fly fishing nets for a beginner who is thinking about handling and landing the fish safely.
The PLUSINNO Fly Fishing Net is another outstanding fly fishing net which offers better landing of the fish. It features a convenient belt clip which makes it easier for taking to different places. Also, the net can disappear when it goes underwater which prevents the fish from getting spooked.
- This fly fishing net features a 10″ deep hoop of 16″ X 13″ area.
- The overall net can extend up to the length of 28 inches.
- It consists of a foldable pole which is easier to carry.
- The net features a durable carabiner allowing you to attach the magnetic net release with your outfit.
- This fly fishing net is extremely lightweight.
- It doesn’t get tangled easily.
- The net can resist from getting rotten quickly.
- It also doesn’t feature a secure magnetic net release.
The PLUSINNO Fly Fishing Net can be the best fly fishing net if you are looking for the one which is ultra lightweight and offers an outstanding level of comfort. This fly fishing net has a teardrop shape which allows you to handle the fish safely. It is always the best idea to use this net for trout fishing.
The Sougayilang Fly Fishing Net is an incredible fly fishing net from Sougayilang which is mainly designed to be suitable for trout, perch and bass. You can take this net along with you while going for fly fishing in any water sources, especially streams, lakes or rivers. This fly fishing net offers an extreme level of comfort while using it for catching and handling the fish.
- This fly fishing net features a clip rope which can be attached with your outfit.
- It consists of the ABS handle which offers better grip and balance.
- The handle is around 10.62 inches long.
- The complete rubber mesh net is knotless.
- This net utilizes aluminum alloy and EVA for its frame and overall structure.
- The net is easy to clean.
- You don’t have to worry about the net getting rotten.
- This fly fishing net offers good balance while handling the fish.
- The handle is ultra large.
- The net mightn’t be able to handle large fish.
The Sougayilang Fly Fishing Net Aluminum Landing Net can be your top priority if you are planning to get a comfortable fly fishing net featuring totally knotless netting which is also highly comfortable and allows you to handle the fish with proper balance. This fly fishing net can be carried from one place to another efficiently and can be used in any water situation such as streams, lakes or rivers.
The Goture Fly Fishing Landing Net is a convenient fly fishing net featuring a net designed with soft rubber mesh and PVC. This net doesn’t get tangled easily like other fly fishing nets and also doesn’t spook the fish due to its pure white clear appearance. It comes with a 1-year warranty along with free replacement.
- This fly fishing net consists of a 360° rotating magnetic clip that you can attach with your outfit.
- The overall structure of the net is designed with laminated solid wood, whereas the net features soft rubber mesh and PVC.
- It consists of a stretchable spring cord.
- With its clear retro appearance, it gets virtually disappeared inside the water column and lures the fish to get stuck inside it.
- This net offers an extreme level of comfort.
- It provides a better grip while releasing the net and proper balance while handling the fish.
- This net can be replaced at any time within 1 year.
- It consists of a shorter handle.
If you are looking for a fly fishing net for fishing inshore and stream, getting the Goture Fly Fishing Landing Net could be the best thing you could do. This fly fishing net is mainly designed for shore and stream fishing as well as wading and offers better grip, comfort and balance while handling the fish. It also doesn’t get tangled easily like nylon nets.
The Mounchain Fly Fishing Landing Net is a lightweight fly fishing net from Mounchain offering a comfortable handle for catching and handling the fish. This fly fishing net is best for angling purposes and can be used in streams, rivers, and lakes for the best experience. You will be able to use this fly fishing net for many years to come.
- This fly fishing net weighs just around 0.8 pounds.
- The overall structure of the net is wooden.
- It features a soft rubber mesh which offers exceptional comfort while removing hooks after landing the fish.
- The 9.4″ deep net has an area of 23.8″ x 11″ and the handle is just 8.6″ long.
- This fly fishing net prevents from spooking the fish.
- It is extremely lightweight and portable to use.
- This net offers proper balance while handling the fish.
- It also features comparatively short handle.
- There are high chances of fish getting out of the net.
If you are thinking about getting a compact and portable fly fishing net with a comfortable wooden handle, the Mounchain Fly Fishing Landing Net can be one of the best options available for you. This fly fishing net can be easily attached to a safety cord and can be carried to different places easily. It can be a great choice for catch-and-release purposes since the odds of fish getting out of the trap are very high.
Buyer’s Guide to Choose The Fly Fishing Nets
Now that you have found out detailed information about some of the most popular and reliable fly fishing nets, it doesn’t really mean that you need to get one from our list. You might have a different requirement and to fulfill your requirement, there might be another fly fishing net which may not be included in our list.
While choosing the perfect fly fishing net meeting your requirements, you need to know about several aspects. Here are some of the major things that really matter while selecting the best fly fishing net.
Length of Handle
Size is a very essential factor while choosing the best fly fishing net. You need to look for a suitable size depending on what size fish you will be fishing and what sort of activity you will be doing. If you go for drift boat fly fishing, it is good to look for a fly fishing net featuring a long handle, which however might be difficult to carry to different places.
You might want to go for telescopic nets which offer the right size depending on your requirements and you will be able to reduce the size of the handle for portability.
Selecting the right fly fishing net material is also an essential thing to do while choosing the best fly fishing net. Usually, fly fishing nets are made up of rubber, nylon, fiberglass and carbon fiber.
Fly fishing nets made up of rubber are used by the most fly fishers since such nets don’t get tangled easily and don’t harm the fish while catching them, which is just opposite in case of those made up of nylon. Rubber nets are also highly durable and don’t spook the fish easily.
On the other hand, nets made up of fiberglass and carbon fiber are extremely high-end. They are lightweight and can be used for many years to come, and come with a hefty price tag.
Durability is another major factor that you need to look for while choosing the perfect fly fishing net. If you will be fly fishing for a larger fish, the durability of the net you are using really matters. You don’t want your net to get damaged quickly while landing large fish; in fact, none wants to face such incidents.
If you will be fishing for an entire year with the gap of some weeks or months, you need to look for a durable fly fishing net. It is better to spend some more amount of money on an affordable and durable net. It is not advised to get an ultra cheap and flimsy net.
While looking for the right fly fishing net, you need to look for the one that suits your income and expenses. You don’t necessarily need to spend a lot of money looking for a high-end net costing over $100 since you can easily get outstanding features in a net costing around $30 to $70.
We have completed our reviews of the 10 best fly fishing nets along with an essential buyer’s guide to choosing the perfect fly fishing net. We believe you are now able to find out and purchase a good quality fly fishing net. Also, these tips will ensure that these fly fishing nets will meet your overall requirements. It is highly recommended to look for a rubber mesh net. And, if you can spend some more amount of money, you can even look for a fiberglass or carbon fiber net for the best performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How much should I spend to get a better fly fishing net?
Answer: The most suitable fly fishing net for you really depends on what your requirements are. You can get all the fly fishing nets in our list for an affordable price tag. Also, all these fly fishing nets made up of high-quality rubber mesh. It is good to spend up to $100 for a fly fishing net.
Q. Is rubber net better than a nylon net?
Answer: You can consider so, but sometimes a nylon net might also be better. It really depends on the quality of the rubber and nylon. In most cases, a nylon net isn’t so clear and can spook the fish. It isn’t as durable as a rubber net too. So, it is better to look for a rubber net.
Q. What are some of the most trusted and reliable fly fishing net manufacturers?
Answer: If you are looking for fly fishing nets made up of high-quality materials, it is good to look for nets manufactured by companies like SF, Trademark Innovations, Maxcatch, Mounchain, and YONGZHI.
Last update on 2019-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API